Dr. Aly Cohen, medical doctor, rheumatologist, and an expert on toxins, joins the show to discuss how chemicals affect your hormones, weight loss, and so much more! She also provides some incredible tips on how to live a healthier non-toxic lifestyle.
What You’ll Learn
Tune into today’s podcast to hear all about:
- The specific ways that toxins inhibit weight loss and cause weight gain.
- The problem with hand sanitizer and disinfectants – what you don’t know is harming your immunity.
- The insidious nature of toxins – how something you can’t see causes so much harm.
- Why your hormones are a mess – how the most common chemicals do the most damage to our hormones.
- How drinking water only has 91 chemicals removed out of the 90,000 in our environment.
- Why teenagers are the most at risk group for chemical exposure.
- How the most lasting damage from toxins began when you were in utero, and how to have a healthy child.
- The health issues, namely autoimmune, that toxins cause.
- The problems with vapes.
Click Here! Read the transcript for #369 How Chemicals Wreak Havoc On Your Hormones and Weight Loss with Dr. Aly Cohen
About Dr. Aly Cohen
Dr. Aly Cohen is a board certified rheumatologist and integrative medicine specialist, as well as an environmental health expert in Princeton, New Jersey. She has collaborated with the Environmental Working Group, Cancer Schmancer, and other disease- prevention organizations, and is coeditor of the textbook, Integrative Environmental Medicine, part of the Oxford University Press/Weil Integrative Medicine, Academic Series.
In 2015, she created thesmarthuman.com to share environmental health, disease prevention, and wellness information with the public. She lectures nationally on environmental health topics for elementary, high schools, colleges, universities, medical schools, and physician- training programs, and she is a regular expert guest for television, print, and podcasts.
In 2015 she received the NJ Healthcare Heroes Award in Education for The Smart Human educational platform and she was awarded the 2016 Burton L. Eichler Award for humanitarianism.
Dr. Cohen is working to educate and empower the next generation to make safer, smarter lifestyle choices through the creation of environmental health and prevention curricula for schools nationally.
Her TEDx talk, How to Protect Your Kids from Toxic Chemicals”, can be found on YouTube, and you can follow her health and wellness tips and recommendations on Facebook at The Smart Human, Twitter, and Instagram: @thesmarthuman. You can also sign up for The Smart Human newsletter, read her latest posts at TheSmartHuman.com, and listen to her podcast The Smart Human.
Dr Aly Cohen is the co-author of the new consumer guidebook, Non-Toxic: Guide to Living Healthy in a Chemical World. Non-Toxic is part of the Dr. Weil Healthy Living Guides.
You can learn more about Aly and her incredible work at alycohenmd.com
You can learn more about The Smart Human at thesmarthuman.com
Check out Dr. Cohen’s book! Non-Toxic: Guide to Living Healthy in a Chemical World
Non-Toxic is a practical guide to living healthier in our modern environment. It teaches how to reduce chemical and radiation exposures by recognizing potential threats and paying attention to what you eat, breathe, and put onto your skin.
Written by a board-certified Rheumatologist and Integrative Medicine Physician, and a renowned PhD professor of neuro- and reproductive biology, Non-Toxic is designed to be referred to again and again for its relevant, cost-effective, and practical ways to reduce exposure and thereby lower risk for developing a variety of environmentally associated illnesses.
Written in clear, easy-to-understand language and based on scientific evidence, this book is filled with resources, tools, tear-off sheets, recipes, and practical, cost-effective tips designed to help you:
- Understand and decode product and food labels
- Create delicious recipes to help detoxify your body
- Choose and prepare food and drinks safely and healthfully
- Furnish and clean your home for a healthy indoor environment
- Safely disinfect surfaces
- Create do-it-yourself cleaning product recipes
- Choose safer personal care products and cosmetics
- Reduce exposure to pesticides in and around your home
- Ensure safe drinking water for you, your family and pets
- Reduce exposure to EMF radiation from cell phones, laptops and other tech toys
- Make informed decisions about toys, baby products, and other environmental issues affecting your children
To learn more about Non-Toxic: Guide to Living Healthy in a Chemical World and purchase a copy, click here!
The Myers Detox Podcast was created and hosted by Wendy Myers. This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Wendy Myers and the producers disclaim responsibility for any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained here-in. Opinions of guests are their own and this podcast does not endorse or accept responsibility for statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or indirect financial interest in products or services referred to here-in. If you think you have a medical problem consult a licensed physician.