Dr. Jolene Brighten speaks to us today about some of the lesser known issues the pill can cause, and her new book Beyond the Pill.
To pick up a copy of Beyond the Pill Click Here!
What You’ll Learn
Tune into today’s podcast to hear all about:
- How the pill destroys your libido
- How the pill causes yeast infections in the vagina, gut, and your body
- Alternative birth control methods that don’t harm your body
- How to get off the pill and avoid post-birth control syndrome
Are toxic metals causing your fatigue and health issues? Find out here by taking Wendy Myers heavy metals quiz. Click Here!
Click here to read the transcript for #269 Beyond the Pill with Dr. Jolene Brighten
About Dr. Jolene Brighten
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a Functional Medicine Naturopathic Medical Doctor and the founder of Rubus Health, a women’s medicine clinic that specializes in women’s hormones.
She is recognized as a leading expert in Post-Birth Control Syndrome and the long-term side effects associated with hormonal contraceptives.
Dr. Brighten is the author of Beyond the Pill, a 30 day plan to support women on birth control, help them transition off, and eliminate symptoms of post-birth control syndrome.
She is a speaker, women’s health advocate, and a medical advisor for one of the first data-driven apps to offer women personalized birth control recommendations.
Out of the 100 million women—almost 11 million in the United States alone—who are on the pill, roughly 60 percent take it for non-contraceptive reasons like painful periods, endometriosis, PCOS, and acne. While the birth control pill is widely prescribed as a quick-fix solution to a variety of women’s health conditions, taking it can also result in other more serious and dangerous health consequences.
Did you know that women on the pill are more likely to be prescribed an antidepressant? That they are at significantly increased risk for autoimmune disease, heart attack, thyroid and adrenal disorders, and even breast and cervical cancer? That the pill can even cause vaginal dryness, unexplained hair loss, flagging libido, extreme fatigue, and chronic infection. As if women didn’t have enough to worry about, that little pill we’re taking to manage our symptoms is only making things worse.
Jolene Brighten, ND, author of the groundbreaking new book BEYOND THE PILL, specializes in treating women’s hormone imbalances caused by the pill and shares her proven 30-day program designed to reverse the myriad of symptoms women experience every day—whether you choose to stay on the pill or not. The first book of its kind to target the birth control pill and the scientifically-proven symptoms associated with taking it, BEYOND THE PILL is an actionable plan for taking control, and will help readers:
• Locate the root cause of their hormonal issues, like estrogen dominance, low testosterone, and low progesterone
• Discover a pain-free, manageable period free of cramps, acne, stress, or PMS without the harmful side effects that come with the pill
• Detox the liver, support the adrenals and thyroid, heal the gut, reverse metabolic mayhem, boost fertility, and enhance mood
• Transition into a nutrition and supplement program, with more than 30 hormone-balancing recipes
Featuring simple diet and lifestyle interventions, BEYOND THE PILL is the first step to reversing the risky side effects of the pill, finally finding hormonal health, and getting your badass self back.
To pick up a copy Click Here!