Kalevocado Kick Green Smoothie
- 2 handfuls kale
- ½ an avocado
- ½ a cucumber
- 1 pear, cored
- ¼ cup strawberries
- 1-2 dates or 1 tsp honey (to taste, for sweetness)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional: a few ice cubes, to desired consistency
- 1 scoop of Daily Detox for an extra health boost and to support your detox pathways
If kale isn’t your jam, feel free to substitute your favorite dark, leafy greens! Swiss chard and spinach work great here.
Tip: if you are using fresh strawberries instead of frozen, I suggest adding a little bit of ice to your smoothie to thicken it up and to get it nice and cold.
- Add liquids first. You’re going to start by adding the water to your high speed blender first. Adding the liquid first helps to make the other ingredients blend much faster
- Add softer ingredients. Add the kale, avocado, cucumber, pear, dates (or honey), sea salt, and Daily Detox. If you are using fresh berries instead of frozen, add them here.
- Frozen ingredients or ice. Add frozen strawberries (if using) and ice.
- Cover with lid and blend. Turn your blender on – the best part is, if you have a high powdered blender such as a Vitamix, it whips smoothies together in seconds.