Seeking to detox myself from many years of non-organic food, toxic beauty products, less than enviable lifestyle habits, and environmental pollutants, I found that infrared saunas are a must for a healthy lifestyle. You need to detoxify from the 700 industrial chemicals that are found on average in your blood.
Infrared saunas have so many health benefits, including prevention and healing from disease, detoxing heavy metals and chemicals, pain relief, anti-aging, etc. If you’re having trouble losing weight, have a lack of energy, are sick, or suffering from a chronic disease or condition, toxin accumulation is contributing to the problem. Infrared sauna therapy is one of the safest and most powerful ways to eliminate toxins and increase your overall health.
Infrared Saunas even gets Dr. Oz’s stamp of approval. Dr. Oz says the high temperature helps lower blood pressure and increase blood circulation. “It gets your heart to beat faster, and it burns calories,” Dr. Oz says. “It raises your metabolism a little bit, and also when you sweat, you sweat out toxins through the skin.”
It is important to understand that saunas can remove many of the agents that cause disease. In particular, conventional medicine often overlooks the effects of toxic chemicals and heavy metals on one’s health. Genetics is emphasized, but there is little mention that nutritional deficiencies and toxic agents cause genetic defects. The following sections describe toxins the sauna can help remove in more detail. Much of this section is excerpted from Dr. Lawrence Wilson’s excellent book Sauna Therapy.
Although the human body is known to be accommodating, ecological alterations are now occurring at a faster rate than our bodies are able to adapt. We are now faced with a situation where inadequacies or uncertainties centering around the manufacturing, use, storage, and disposal of toxic chemicals have resulted in an overwhelming number of environmentally induced illnesses. These illnesses include cancers of almost every organ system of the body, liver disease, pulmonary damage, nervous system disease, immune system damage, reproductive and fertility impairment, and kidney dysfunction.
Scientific evidence shows that thousands of drugs, food additives, pesticides, and other pollutants remain stored in the body long after exposure. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, everyone has 700 chemicals on average in our bodies, while babies have 70 on average. When toxins are not excreted from our body, they accumulate in our tissues and do ongoing damage. It’s one of our body’s defense mechanisms to keep toxins away from the vital organs. The heat stress of a sauna is an effective method of removing toxins from the body.
Many harm the body, though the effects are often subtle. They accumulate in the water and air, so no location remains unaffected. Many degrade slowly so their effects are cumulative. Avoiding exposure is all but impossible. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), toxic chemicals are the worst environmental problem in the nation, responsible for up to 80% of cancer deaths.
One class of chemicals, pesticides, and herbicides, are among the most toxic substances known to mankind. Several billion pounds are sprayed each year directly on our crops. Besides eating and wearing the residues, they contaminate the air and water supplies for hundreds of years.
Two very problematic chemicals prevalent in our environment today are fluoride and chlorine, which are added to municipal drinking water.
Fluoride contributes to brown staining of the teeth, weakened bones, hip fractures, hypothyroidism, mental impairment, birth defects and cancer. Fluoride compounds are found in pesticides, air pollution, toothpaste, and are added to many water supplies. Foods processed with water including baby foods and juices often contain too much fluoride. Large, worldwide studies show little or no benefit of fluoride for tooth decay, contrary to many news reports. Only the United States, Australia and Great Britain continue to add toxic fluoride compounds to drinking water.
Chlorine toxicity is associated with fatigue, heart disease, thyroid, cancer and renal problems. Chlorine is required in the body, and found in salt and other foods. Many chlorinated compounds, however, are highly toxic. These include chlorinated tap water, chlorinated hydrocarbons used in pesticides and other chemicals, bathing in chlorinated water, pools and hot tubs, and the use of chlorine bleach and other chlorine-containing household products.
Testing for thousands of chemicals is costly when tests even exist, and medicine has little to offer to eliminate them from the body. The diseases they cause have become epidemics. Sauna therapy shines brightly as a simple, effective therapeutic modality to help eliminate chemical toxins from the body.
According to the United States EPA, toxic metals are the second worst environmental problem. Pesticides may contain lead, copper, arsenic and other metals. Fifty million mercury amalgam fillings are still placed in America each year. Tons of it is dumped into the air from coal-burning power plants and paper-making. Aluminum compounds are routinely added to table salt and municipal drinking water supplies. Arsenic and lead used in pesticides and insecticides find their way into the water and food supplies. In my experience, everyone has excess toxic metals, whether or not they show up on any test.
Some toxic metals replace vital minerals in enzyme binding sites. However, they do not function as well. When they accumulate, they contribute to hundreds of physical and emotional health conditions.
Lead contributes to more than 100 conditions including neuromuscular and bone diseases, fractures, mental retardation, hyperactivity, anemia and others. Some historians believe the Roman Empire fell because lead water pipes slowly poisoned the people and decreased their strength and intelligence. Sources of lead include old paint, inks, pesticides, a few hair dyes, solder and other metal products. During sauna therapy, I have observed lead to have a sickly sweet odor as it is eliminated. Elimination of lead was confirmed with hair mineral testing.
Cadmium contributes to high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, fatigue, arthritis, violence, infections, back pain and other conditions. Common sources are cigarette or marijuana smoke, refined foods and tap water. One may feel tired for a few days if one eliminates a lot of cadmium at one time.
Mercury toxicity is present in almost everyone today. Mercury is found in silver amalgam dental fillings, tuna and swordfish, contact lens solution, vaccines and various other products. Mercury may contribute to hypothyroidism, an impaired immune system, digestive problems such as yeast infections, emotional difficulties, learning disabilities, ADHD and many other conditions. Mercury elimination, if heavy, may be accompanied by a fishy odor during a sauna session.
Aluminum is associated with memory impairment and Alzheimer’s disease. Aluminum is widely used in beverage cans, aluminum foils, antiperspirants,antiacids, and aluminum cookware. Peppermint, spearmint and wintergreen are naturally high in aluminum.
Arsenic contributes to liver and kidney damage, weakness, diarrhea, muscle spasms, headaches and other symptoms. Sources include pesticides, beer, tap water, table salt, paints and other chemical products.
Physiological minerals may also become toxic. For example, hexavalent chromium is toxic while trivalent chromium is not. Vital minerals can also become toxic if they are unusable by the body. Calcium is needed in the bones. When it accumulates in the arteries, joints, kidneys or elsewhere it becomes toxic. A similar situation occurs with iron, manganese, chromium, copper, selenium and other vital minerals, contributing to many health conditions. Of these, the most commonly seen are copper, iron and manganese toxicity. They will often be revealed on a hair mineral test at some point if one pursues a corrective nutrition and sauna therapy program. All three of these minerals help support weak adrenal glands.
Copper is high in vegetarian proteins and associated with zinc deficiency and adrenal exhaustion, both very common conditions. Copper imbalance contributes to emotional conditions, skin problems, joint pain, cancer, migraine headaches and premenstrual tension. The symptoms of copper toxicity are identical to the symptoms of premenstrual tension. Copper elimination in a sauna may be accompanied by a rotten egg odor. This is probably sulfur that is bound to copper to protect the body from the worst effects of excess copper.
Manganese is found in unleaded gasoline and foods such as tea. Both copper and manganese are needed in the body. However, the body may convert manganese into a toxic, oxidized form (MnO6) that helps support weak adrenal glands. This manganese is not usable and must be eliminated. Manganese elimination in a sauna may cause a slightly metallic odor.
Iron toxicity is also very common, although often not revealed on standard tests. Iron is added to all white flour products such as breads, crackers, pasta and pastry. Vitamin and mineral supplements often contain a lot of iron. Iron can accumulate to help support weak adrenal glands. It is stored in the liver and other organs and may contribute to heart disease, cancer, emotional difficulties and other health problems.
Sauna therapy is excellent to remove excess minerals, whether they are toxic metals or unusable or excess physiological minerals.
Infection plays a role in more conditions than previously thought, from artery disease and ulcers to arthritis and colitis. Many bacteria and fungi produce endo-and exotoxins that cause both local and systemic disease. More and more of them are resistant to drug therapy. Bodies weakened by toxic chemicals and heavy metals are more subject to attack by infections.
Many infections are chronic, causing nagging complaints that never go away. This occurs especially in parts of the body with poor circulation such as the joints, ears and sinuses. Heating the body is a natural mechanism the body uses to fight infections. Sauna therapy not only heats, but powerfully improves circulation to help fight both acute and chronic infections.
Given the human body’s effectiveness in fighting disease by inducing a fever, why not induce your own fever with an infrared sauna? Get your heat therapy as soon as you start feeling sick. The temperature increase induces a faux fever, assisting the body in fighting upper respiratory infections, colds, and flu.
An article in The Ecologist, April 2001 issue begins by stating “the (radiation) equivalent of a nuclear war has already happened”. This may not be an exaggeration. The article carefully details that 1900 nuclear tests, accidents and nuclear waste dumping have exposed everyone on the planet to the equivalent of 1000 Hiroshima bombs.
The article reveals details of previously classified accidents including one in Greenland in 1968. A B-52 crashed at a secret nuclear base and its cargo of four nuclear bombs detonated, sending up a cloud of plutonium 25,000 feet into the air. According to US documents, 1250 nuclear weapons have been involved in accidents, a number of which “resulted in or created the potential for plutonium dispersal”. The Soviet Union was notorious for its cavalier attitude about nuclear accidents. A 1991 film documents the poisoning of hundreds of thousands as a result of accidents at their first plutonium factory at Chelyabinsk in the Ural mountains.
Using the official ‘radiation risk’ estimates published in 1991 by the International Commission on Radiological Protection, planetwide contamination will cause 175 million cancer deaths and another 350 million non-fatal cancers. It will also cause another 235 million illnesses and 588 million children to be born with birth defects such as brain damage, mental disability, spina bifida and childhood cancers.
Depleted uranium, a waste product which every nation that has atomic weapons has in abundance, is another source of radiation exposure. To get rid of it, it is often made into ammunition that was used in the Gulf War, Bosnia and Kosovo. Leukemia rates have increased in these areas since its use.
Another hidden source of radiation are the fluoride compounds added to many municipal water supplies. Hydrofluosilicic acid, the source of most fluoride for water supplies, is a smokestack waste produce that contains radioactive particles and heavy metals along with fluoride.
Other sources are medical and dental x-rays, medical waste that may contain radioactive materials, CAT and other scans, smoke alarms and proximity to food irradiation facilities.
Radiation is carried on mineral particles. The minerals lodge in the cells where they disrupt DNA synthesis. This causes defective protein synthesis resulting in innumerable subtle metabolic dysfunctions. As the defective proteins replicate, the metabolic errors also multiply.
Electric light sauna therapy promotes rapid turnover of body cells. The deeply penetrating high heat kills damaged cells which are more heat-sensitive than normal cells. Eliminating the radiation-containing cells helps the body eliminate radioactive particles faster and prevents replication of these cells. Over a period of time, light sauna therapy can dramatically reduce the amount of mutated DNA and radioactive material in the body. One needs to continue sauna use on a maintenance basis because exposure to radiation continues throughout one’s life.
Why not burn some fat while you detox? Saunas can burn 100-200 calories per hour depending on your metabolism. That’s the equivalent of 10-20 minutes on the stairmaster or running 1-2 miles. I’ll take the extra workout while sitting on my bum, thank you! Your body burns these calories trying to maintain your body’s core temperature. Our body does this by increasing peripheral blood flow and by sweating. Infrared sauna sessions can also help rid your body of cellulite, which is a gel like substance made up of fat cells, water and toxins. Feel those extra pounds melt away.
Scientists today are finding more and more evidence that chemicals in our bodies lead to heavier people in various ways. “There are between fifteen and twenty chemicals that have been shown to cause weight gain,” says an obesity researcher at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. And many of these chemicals, the average person already have in their blood. Some of the chemicals increase the number of fat cells you have, so you have more cells to store fat in. Others increase the size of your fat cells and make them larger so they can store more fat per cell. The only way to get rid of these chemicals, like phthalates, is an Infrared Sauna.
Radiation and other toxins often affect the thyroid and adrenal glands resulting in a slow metabolic rate. This condition affects over 90% of adults and causes fatigue, impaired carbohydrate tolerance, food cravings, allergies, obesity, elevated cholesterol, learning disability, chronic infections and other conditions.
A low body temperature impairs sweating. This hinders elimination and interferes with tissue regeneration. Supporting sluggish thyroid and adrenal glands helps, but is often not enough. By heating the body, saunas activate and enhance many metabolic processes. This is most beneficial for those with sluggish metabolism.
Far infrared energy can penetrate over 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) deep into muscle tissue, while near infrared rays can penetrate roughly 3 inches (7.6 cm)! By heating these tissues, we experience increased blood flow which can be beneficial in reducing muscle spasms, joint stiffness and as well as general aches and pains due to conditions such as fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. There is also evidence that when used 24-48 hours post injury, infrared energy can reduce the time it takes for your body to heal sprains and strains.
Some researchers believe that infrared therapy can help stimulate the body’s immune system by elevating body temperature. Many viruses, bacteria and tumor cells have poor tolerance to heat compared to normal healthy cells. A 30 minute infrared sauna session can cause a temporary 3° F increase in body temperature. This increase has been shown to stimulate white blood cells, assisting your body’s immune system.
Metabolism slows as one grows older. Most older people exercise less. Sweating occurs less often, impairing elimination of toxins and increasing the risk of major diseases. Since sauna therapy helps reverse all these conditions, it is a prime anti-aging therapy.
Sauna therapy can be used by most people at any age, even by those in wheelchairs. Physicians familiar with it contend that it can be adapted for any condition with proper supervision. Simple yet powerful, it can usually be done right in the home.
There are many types of saunas, including the conventional Swedish or Finnish sauna, far infrared, and near infrared. You can read more about the benefits of near infrared lamp saunas over far infrared saunas in Dr. Lawrence Wilson’s article Near Infrared versus Far Infrared Saunas. Let’s do a comparison:
- Traditional saunas consist of a small room that is heated with a heater powered by electricity, gas, wood or other fuel. Heat from conventional saunas penetrates only a few millimeters even though the temperature can range from 180-220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Far infrared saunas use ceramic, metallic rods, or carbon (the best) for heating that mainly emit in the far infrared range. Infrared heats you, rather than the air, with penetration 1.5 inches or more. Air temperature ranges from 120-150 degrees normally.
- Near Infrared saunas use incandescent infrared heat lamps or carbon for heating. They emit mainly near infrared, some middle infrared and perhaps a tiny amount of far infrared energy. Again, the rays penetrate about 3 inches. The air temperature can be kept at a comfortable 110-140 degrees, allowing people to sauna who are sick or sensitive to heat.
- Steam rooms can be very hot and may not allow many to stay in for very long. While you do sweat in a steam room, you won’t enjoy the benefit of deep penetrating infrared rays. The steam room heat will penetrate a few millimeters like a traditional sauna.
Far and near infrared have many of the same benefits, but clinical research shows that different parts of the infrared spectrum are more effective than others at targeting various health benefits. Below is a chart so you can seek out the part of the spectrum that meets your needs.
|Near Infrared||Cell health/immunity, Wound healing, Skin purification, Pain relief|
|Mid Infrared||Pain relief, Improved circulation, Weight loss|
|Far Infrared||Weight loss, Detoxification, Blood pressure reduction, Relaxation|
Near infrared lamp saunas are considered by many to be superior to far infrared saunas. They penetrate deeper than far infrared rays and have many benefits not enjoyed by users of far infrared saunas.
New research on near infrared therapy (NIR) proves the following health benefits.
- BOOSTS METABOLISM – The mitochondria (power plants of the cells) produce more ATP (energy currency of the cells) when NIR (near infrared rays) is introduced.
- WOUND HEALING – Physicians from NASA and the Medical College of Wisconsin found that NIR LED light significantly promotes faster cell regeneration, wound healing and human tissue growth. Human cell growth increased by 155%-171% in some cases and wound size decreased by 36%.
- INCREASES ENERGY – NIR activates the color sensitive chemicals (chromophores & cytochrome systems) to depths of 23 centimeters (or about 10 inches), stimulating the energy processes in cells.
- IMPROVES CIRCULATION TO THE MUSCLES – NIR causes the release of nitric oxide. This stimulates vasodilatation of the microcirculatory system, bringing more blood to the muscles.
- BETTER ENDURANCE – Muscle fatigue was reduced by up to 42.2% when exposing muscle to NIR.
- INCREASES STRENGTH – Growth hormone release is induced by an increase in body temperature and not by exercise itself. Growth hormone increases muscle mass, calcium retention, and lipolysis (the breakdown of stored fat).
- FASTER RECOVERY TIME – Certain tissue regenerating genes including integrins, laminin, gap junction proteins and kinesin proteins have shown a two- to five-fold increase upon exposure to NIR.
- REDUCES VISIBLE CELLULITE – Cellulite is fat mixed with toxins that are trapped, in part due to an underactive circulatory system. Cellulite is so visible, in part due to weakened connective tissue. NIR helps rebuild connective tissue, reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- REJUVENATES SKIN – DNA synthesis of fibroblasts, which affects the elasticity of skin, increased five-fold with NIR. The result is younger-looking, more beautiful skin.
- PAIN RELIEF – Penetrating heat from NIR has long been proven to reduce pain in joints and muscles by reducing inflammation and increasing circulation to areas of discomfort. NIR has also been shown to significantly increase the range of flexibility.
- HEALS INFECTIONS – Raising body temperature powerfully assists the body to kill bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses. Many people have a low body temperature and, for this reason, cannot get rid of chronic infections. Common sites of infections are the sinuses, ears, eyes, bladder, throat and intestines.
- HEALS CANCER – NIR helps kill many types of abnormal cells mutated by radiation or damaged by other toxins, including tumors. Tumors, for example, tolerate heat poorly. Raising body temperature hastens their death. Though not a conventional method, hyperthermia is a well-researched therapy for cancer.
- RADIATION POISONING. A huge problem in the world today is radiation that causes cancer. The sun emits radiation, all plants contain radiation, but more importantly we are exposed to radiation from bomb testing, Fukushima fallout and living in urban areas. The only way to destroy cells that contain radiation is with an infrared sauna. These cells can be destroyed and prevent any cancers they may have eventually caused.
Research from Japan and other countries prove the many, many benefits of far infrared therapy (FIR).
- WEIGHT LOSS – FIR burns 200-600 calories an hour! It is the perfect complement to a weight loss regimen.
- INCREASED HEALING – FIR increases blood circulation and oxygen supply to damaged tissues aiding reduction of chronic joint and muscle pain or sport injuries.
- REDUCES BLOOD PRESSURE – German medical researchers concluded one session of FIR for over 1 hour can have significant reduction of blood pressure thanks to persistent peripheral vessel dilation. They also noted that blood viscosity was improved.
- IMPROVES SKIN – FIR opens pores that have been malfunctioning for years, forcing out clogging cosmetics, and loosening dry outer skin, healing acne and scars.
- PROMOTES HEALTHY ARTERIES - When the normally smooth, firm lining of the arteries become thickened and roughened by deposits of fat, fibrin, calcium and cellular debris, it reduces their ability to expand and contract, slowing the movement of blood through narrowed channels. These conditions make it easier for blood clots to form. FIR is able to neutralize blood toxicity and smooth the walls of arteries, capillaries and veins.
- HEALS UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS - FIR has proven to be outstanding for asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, colds, flu, sinusitis and congestion as it clears inflammation, swelling and mucus clogged passages. FIR kills viruses and bacteria that cause upper respiratory infections.
- DETOXIFICATION – FIR enhances white blood cell function, thereby increasing immune response and the elimination of foreign pathogens and cellular waste products. It also removes accumulated toxins by improving lymph circulation.
Health Conditions helped with Infrared Sauna Therapy
Infrared sauna therapy is being used all over the world to treat a wide array of diseases and conditions. There have been hundreds of clinical trials reporting success with the use of infrared sauna therapy for treatment for the following:
- Acne (clears acne and blackheads).
- Adhesions (common in competitive athletes, trauma, and repetitive stress syndromes).
- Arthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis (relieved or improved).
- Asthma, bronchitis.
- Body odor.
- Brain contusion (accelerated healing).
- Bursitis (eliminated).
- Cancer pain (greatly relieved pain in later stages).
- Cardiovascular health (improved).
- Carpel tunnel syndrome (positive results in 70% of patients).
- Crohn’s disease.
- Chronic middle-ear inflammation or infection.
- Cirrhosis of the liver (reversed).
- Compression fractures (pain eliminated or reduced).
- Dandruff (increased blood flow through the scalp).
- Disc-protrusion related neuralgia.
- Duodenal ulcers (eliminated).
- Ear, nose, and throat conditions.
- Eczema and psoriasis (respond well).
- Exercise recovery and muscle pain.
- Gastritis (relieved).
- Gastroenteric problems.
- Hemorrhoids (reduced).
- Hepatitis (eliminated).
- High blood pressure (reduced).
- Keloid scars (significantly softened and, in some cases, completely gone).
- Lacerations (healed quicker with less pain and scarring).
- Leg ulcers (healed when previously static and resistant to other care).
- Low-back pain (relieved).
- Muscle spasms (reduced or eliminated).
- Nose bleeding (reduced).
- Post-surgical adhesions (reduced).
- Scars and pain from burns or wounds (decreased in severity and extent).
- Sore throats.
- Spinal chord shock (reversed post traumatic shock).
- Tinnitus (chronic severe case cleared with 10 infrared treatments).
- TMJ arthritis.
Here are a few tips to turn you into a sauna pro!
- HOW LONG – Begin with only 10-20 minutes in the sauna. After a few weeks, if you feel well enough to do so, you may increase to between 30-60 minutes. Never begin with sessions longer than 20-minutes once a day because this can cause massive healing reactions that are unpleasant and even dangerous.
- HOW OFTEN – Work up to regular use over time. It will take you one year to completely detox when using the sauna every day to every other day. After this, you can maintain your clean, healthy body by using the sauna twice a week.
- HYDRATE – Be sure to properly hydrate with fresh, pure water before and after taking a sauna. After all that sweating, I recommend you replace your electrolytes with coconut water, nature’s Gatorade, or sea salt in your food.
- GET NAKED – Infrared emitters do not work through clothing. Disrobe as much as possible to optimize the heating and sweating effects. A bathing suit is fine.
- SHOWER – If possible, shower and exfoliate before your session to open your pores. When finished with your session, take a shower, warm or cool, but not hot. Wash off all the toxins with water or a natural, organic liquid soap. This washes off the toxins so they don’t reabsorb into the skin. Avoid cleaners with chemicals like phthalates, fragrance (made with petroleum, aka motor oil), or parabens that are sold at most major retailers. This would defeat the purpose of detoxing!
- RELAX – After showering, sit or lie down for at least 10 minutes to allow your body to return to its normal temperature and readjust. A cold shower helps with this, too. A cold shower is also great for improving your skin tone.
- ASK – Always consult a health professional if you have a chronic illness and are not sure about sauna use. Keep in mind that many mainstream doctors may not be aware of a sauna’s benefits and may be skeptical about its benefits. Most people who have diabetes, heart disease and other chronic illnesses have found no problems in using a sauna. Infrared sauna sessions are a must for those with cancer.
Seek permission from your doctor prior to use for the following conditions:
- Taking Medications
- Under 12 years old
- The Elderly
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Chronic Conditions
- Silicone Breast Implants. Sauna makers tend to suggest avoiding saunas if you have implants, however, after doing some research it seems it is safe to use saunas with breast implants. The general consensus seems to be that saunas can contribute to the demise of the implants, but there is no proof of this. If you experience pain in your breasts while in a sauna, get out immediately and see your doctor.
- Insensitivity to Heat
- Alcohol Abuse
- Hip replacements
- Metal implants
- Multiple Sclerosis
Find an Infrared Sauna
Los Angeles, Ca
- Planet Beach Locations all over the world.
- SweatShop Hollywood
- Optimal Health Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Wellness Center Beverly Hills
- Firm Body Evolution West Hollywood
- Aquarian Wellness Mid Los Angeles
- Tao of Venus Silver Lake
- Soothing Solutions Burbank
- Pure Center Hollywood
Marina del Rey
- 14 Buddhas Skincare
- In-Spiraling Movement Arts
- Tikkun Holistic Spa
- Tao Healing Arts Center
- Gentle Wellness Center
- Arcona Spa
- Raven Spa
- Spa Balance
- Alchemie Spa
Sherman Oaks/Studio City
If you know of any other infrared saunas in Los Angeles County, please let me know so I can add it to the list.
There are a lot of saunas on the market, but you need to consider purchasing one that emits few if any, EMF (electromagnetic fields) and uses wood, glues, and other building materials that will not exacerbate chemical sensitivity. Near infrared saunas do not emit any EMF’s so I can only recommend them at this time. I exclusively use my SaunaSpace Pocket Sauna at home to detox. The Pocket Sauna is such high quality and is the perfect size for any home. You can see all my favorite products from SaunaSpace in the Live to 110 store.
Detoxification is a life-long process. We are constantly bombarded with chemicals in our air, food, and water. If you don’t make an effort to detox these chemicals out of your body, they will inevitably manifest as a disease or chronic health condition depending upon your genetic susceptibility. Since, you have been building up a lifetime of chemicals in your body, it will take you one to three years to completely detox when using the sauna every day to every other day. After this, you can maintain your clean, healthy body by using the sauna twice a week.
Has an infrared sauna healed your illness? How much do you love the sauna? Is there anything important I left out of this article? Tell me your story by leaving a comment below.
Click here to view references