Berry Blast Uber Antioxidant Smoothie
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened coconut yogurt (plain yogurt or Greek yogurt work well, too!)
- squeeze of lime juice
- 1/4 tsp crushed ginger (you can buy pre-crushed ginger in a jar, or buy fresh ginger and grate your own)
- 1/4 cup water, water kefir, milk, coconut water, coconut milk, or liquid of your choice
- 1 scoop of Daily Detox for an extra health boost and to support your detox pathways
Fresh berries work great, too! If you are using fresh berries instead of frozen, I suggest adding a little bit of ice to your smoothie to thicken it up and to get it nice and cold.
- Add liquids first. You’re going to start by adding the lime juice and water (or your liquid of your choice. Good options are milk, coconut water, coconut milk, or liquid of your choice to your high speed blender first. Adding the liquid first helps to make the other ingredients blend much faster.)
- Add softer ingredients. Add the yogurt, crushed ginger, and Daily Detox. If you are using fresh berries instead of frozen, add them here.
- Frozen ingredients or ice. Add any frozen berries and ice.
- Cover with lid and blend. Turn your blender on – the best part is, if you have a high powdered blender such as a Vitamix, it whips smoothies together in seconds.