Franziska Spritzler helps me to continue our Diabetes trend on the podcast this month. She talks to me about how to reverse and prevent diabetes. The Secret? A Low Carb Diet!
Franziska and I actually met on the Livin’ la Vida Low Carb Cruise and she is now one of my esteemed co-presenters at the 2015 World Diabetes Summit. She’s a certified Diabetes Educator and Registered Dietician so she’s more than qualified to teach us about the little known secrets to reversing diabetes.
Luckily Franziska has all her tips documented in her book, The Low Carb Dietician’s Guide to Health and Beauty. She makes it so simple and easy for readers to follow along and really understand how a low carb diet can make you healthier and even more beautiful than you already are!
Click here to view the full transcript with Franziska Spritzler.
About Franziska Spritzler
Franziska Spritzler is a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator who takes a carbohydrate-restricted, whole-foods approach to managing diabetes and insulin resistance. She works in private practice in Huntington Beach, California, and has been following a low-carb lifestyle since early 2011. Franziska is also a freelance writer whose articles have been published online and in diabetes journals and magazines, and in January of 2015 she published her first book, The Low Carb Dietitian’s Guide to Health and Beauty. Her website is Lowcarbdietitian.com.
The Diabetes Summit
Franziska and I are both presenters at this year’s World Diabetes Summit. The summit includes 30+ experts in their respective fields presenting on ways to heal and reverse diabetes. Dr. Brian Mowll was kind enough to invite us to speak at the summit this year and it has been excellent thus far! I’ll be presenting on the ways in which Mineral Deficiencies and Heavy Metal Toxicities can lead to Diabetes so register for FREE to listen in online here. Franziska presented on why the Low Carb Diet is preferred for most people with Diabetes. If you’re interested in seeing all the past presentations, check out your options here!
The Low Carb Dietician’s Guide to Health and Beauty
In The Low Carb Dietitian’s Guide to Health and Beauty, Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Franziska Spritzler shares with you:
- The science supporting carbohydrate restriction for weight management, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- How a balanced diet based on low-carb whole foods helps her look and feel better at 48 than she did in her 30s – and how it can do the same for you, whatever your age
- The importance of including high-quality protein and healthy fats at all meals
- The benefits of consuming plenty of plant foods to provide fiber, cancer-fighting phytochemicals, and anti-inflammatory compounds
- 3 low-carb eating plans with 7-day sample menus and 40 recipes, plus a quiz to determine which one may be best for you
- Guidance for creating a long-term low-carbohydrate way of eating customized to your own unique system, preferences, and lifestyle
- Which low-carb foods can improve your looks as well as your health
- Why gentle, moderate exercise may be more effective than strenuous physical activity