Jaclyn Bowen, expert on food safety, joins the show to discuss the current state of food toxicity, the countless toxins you can find in many foods, and how you can steer clear from consuming them.
What You’ll Learn
Tune into today’s podcast to hear all about:
- Why foods are not labeled to be free of heavy metals.
- Why the next level and future of food safety is food toxicity.
- Cadmium found in hemp protein, and toxins found in top selling brands of protein powders.
- The toxic chemical found in decaf coffee that millions of pregnant women drink.
- Horrifying toxins found in baby food and baby formula that manufacturers are aware of, yet still sell to consumers.
- CBD wild west – the toxins (cadmium) and inconsistencies in CBD products, and why a shocking number of CBD products contain THC that is not on the label. Top brands tested so you can choose a safe product!
- The sad state of food sold to pets that are contributing to the pet cancer epidemic. We discuss the cleanest source of pet foods and the most toxic class of pet foods.
- What consumers should look for when they are evaluating foods and consumer products.
Click here! #337 Do Protein Powders Have Heavy Metals? Food Toxicity and The Future of Food Safety with Jaclyn Bowen
About Jaclyn Bowen
Jaclyn Bowen is a food safety and quality systems engineer and executive director of Clean Label Project, a national non-profit and certification organization with the mission to bring truth and transparency to food and consumer product labeling.
Through data, science, and benchmarking, Clean Label Project uses retail sampling and testing to benchmark product quality and purity of America’s best selling food and consumer products, and award Clean Label Project’s coveted evidence-based Purity Award.
Before coming to Clean Label Project, Jaclyn held numerous technical, standards development, food safety, quality, and executive roles within the World Health Organization Collaborating Centre, NSF International.
Her expertise is in organic, gluten-free, non-gmo labeling, food safety, and label claim substantiation and compliance. Bowen and Clean Label Project have appeared on NBC, ABC, Fox News, CNN, The Doctors, and 450+ print and online media outlets including USA Today and Huff Post. Bowen holds a Bachelors of Science in environmental biology, a Master of Science in quality engineering and a Master of Public Health in management and policy.
You can learn more about her work and heavy metal and chemical testing in food at cleanlabelproject.org
The Clean Label Project
The consumer standard for food and consumer product quality and safety.
The food and consumer product industry is on the verge of a fundamental paradigm shift when it comes to safety. The new arbiters of safety and quality are consumers. Through a focus on heavy metals, pesticide residues, and plasticizers linked to cancers and infertility, we are changing the definition of food and consumer product safety in America with a long-term view on environmental and public health. Join us!