Water is essential to life, to detox, to health. This is why it’s imperative to have the right water filter. And not only one that filters toxins, but also adds benefits that improve hydration and health. There are so many options out there. This is the best filter I’ve found to date.
In this article, you will learn:
- How 25% of bottled water is untreated tap water
- The shocking contaminants in tap water
- Why water needs to not only be ‘clean’ and filtered, but also energized with electrons to help water absorb and counteract the harmful effects of EMF (like wifi).
- Why you not only need to filter your water, but treat it to make it more absorbable to the body
- My #1 recommended water filter and why
Tap water is full of contaminants. All tap water contains disinfectants that kill micro-organisms like bacteria, both in the water and in your body. Because of this, tap water can dramatically reduce beneficial bacteria that aid in digestion and negatively impacts your immunity.
And then there are the toxins not removed by disinfectants.
- Heavy metals
- Fluoride and chlorine interfere in thyroid function. Did you know that fluoride is more toxic to the body than lead?
- Hundreds of medication residues are not tested for, nor removed.
The Issues with Bottled Water
Bottled water is not terribly practical. The plastic bottles are destroying our environment. Our continued consumption is rapidly creating an environmental catastrophe on a global scale.
Over 73 billion half-liter bottles of water are consumed in the US per year. Of those, 50 billion bottles end up in landfills or polluting our waterways.
It takes over 17 million barrels of oil to produce the plastic required for bottles of water consumed by Americans in a year, which is enough oil to fuel more than 1 million cars for an entire year.
Over 90% of the major bottled brands of water contain plastic microparticles. Plus, toxins can leach from the bottles into your water over time.
Glass is too heavy to transport. You have to lug it from the store. Bottled water is incredibly costly when compared with filtered water. Not many can afford to meet all their hydration and cooking needs with bottled water.
To add insult to injury, tests indicates that most bottled water may be of low quality and often does not even meet the same standards as tap water. There is speculation that up to 25% of bottled water is merely untreated bottled tap water.
Do you use bottled water to cook with? To make all your coffee and tea with? Likely not.
Though I love spring water and do drink it for the taste, minerals and energetic properties of the water, practically I am drinking more filtered water now that I recently discovered a new water filter system called pH Prescriptions.
What’s Wrong with Fridge and Pitcher Filters?
They are filters, not purifiers. Most pitcher and refrigerator filters are only designed to make your water taste better, but not necessarily safer. These filters remove simple chemicals like chlorine, but may leave behind a toxic chemical concoction for you to drink.
The Water Filter I Recommend
As a consumer advocate and expert on ridding your life of toxins and chemicals that can damage your health, I’ve been researching, using, and testing various water filters on the market for years.
Given the issues I outlined above, it’s imperative to get a good water filter.
I recently had the pleasure of meeting Leo Szymborski, founder of pHprescription.com, who has worked in the water purification business for over 30 years. I was incredibly impressed with the depth of his knowledge of about water and water filtration. His company and filtering systems go beyond just filtering water – they structure the water and add electrons, hydrogen, and minerals to their water.
I was impressed even more when I learned that this is the system Dr Josh Axe and Dr Joe Mercola have in their homes! You’ll understand why after you watch the video below.
You can check out the interview I did with Leo here:
After chatting with Leo numerous times, I’m no longer satisfied with merely filtering water. Now, I can only recommend a filter that enhances the water to make it more energized, more absorbable, more healthful. But accomplish this in a way that retains the water’s healthful properties.
A lot of systems accomplish this but create various problems with their water (for instance, ionizers can add toxins to the water since the water is passed over metal plates, even though the water technically has a higher pH).
I’ve come across many different products but the Alkaline Hydrogen Water Filter Under Sink – pHRO1100 truly stood out from all other water filters.
It caught my attention because the Alkaline Hydrogen Water Filter Under Sink – pHRO1100 is the first filter I’ve seen that removes such a broad spectrum of pollutants and restores water’s natural pH, but also energizes the water and adds hydrogen to it. I was beyond impressed with this system!
And not only that, but pH Prescription has a whole range of water filters including:
- Shower filters
- Whole house water filters
- Office water dispensers
- Whole shower systems that introduce vitamins and supplements into your shower!! Wow! That system is called the Aquapellis.
You can learn more about all the water filters they have on their site phPrescription.com
Water Pollutants Removed
The Alkaline Hydrogen Water Filter Under Sink – pHRO1100 removes:
1. Radioisotopes that get into our water from nuclear accidents like Fukushima , and uranium and plutonium mining (this is the one of the only filters I’ve ever seen that removes radioactive particles).
2. Drug residues that are not required by law to be removed at water treatment plants.
3. Fluoride, using 100% organic carbon from Brimac, a high calcium premium carbon. It’s Kosher certified, too.
4. Disinfection chemical additives including both Chloramines and Chlorine.
5. Disinfection chemical by-products such as Trihalomethanes (one of which is Chloroform).
6. Heavy metals including Lead, Arsenic, Aluminum, Mercury, Barium, Uranium, Iron and other positively charged metal ions.
7. VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) such as benzene, xylene and other solvents that are byproducts of the petroleum industry.
8. Agricultural contaminants such as pesticides, herbicides and insecticides.
9. Infections such as viruses, bacteria, spores and microbial cysts including giardia and cryptosporidum, which survive disinfection.
10. Sediment down to ultra-fine size of 0.5 Micron (approximately 50x smaller than a grain of beach sand).
Features of pH Prescription Filters
- Activates purified water into healthy living water.
- Added molecular hydrogen
- Makes water clusters smaller for proper cellular hydration.
- Makes the water an electron donor by making the water an antioxidant itself.
- Alkalizes the water (Raises the pH) without ionization or electricity
- Adds calcium, potassium, magnesium, and a trace of sea salt.
- Removes harmful ions. (Free radicals)
- Increases hydrogen in the water
- 3 gallon storage tank
- 100 gallons filtered per day
- 4 gallons filtered per hour
pH Prescription’s Six Stages of Filtering
Research from the University of Georgia has shown that diseased cells are surrounded by unstructured water and healthy cells are surrounded by structured water.
pH Prescription’s technology has advanced to the point where they can now manipulate the simple, taken for granted, water molecule and put it to work. pH Prescription has found the best way to do this is to change the molecular structure of water so that it becomes an antioxidant itself!
The best way to do this is by using their proprietary mixture of earth based media with minerals. This process is so incredible. These proprietary medias alter the structure of the water molecule so that it produces (or frees up) millions and millions of electrons, as well as raising the alkalinity of the water in the process.
Using nature as their guide, pH Prescriptions saw that rain water makes its way down to the ground, then is filtered through the earth and over riverbeds, where it picks up it’s mineral/electrolyte ions and becomes naturally balanced. Taking this process into consideration, they developed their filter systems to pattern this effect naturally.
Stage 1: High Grade Reverse Osmosis
To protect yourself from the difficult-to-remove harmful toxins in your water, they use a superior grade Reverse Osmosis filtration technology which will remove up to 99% of contaminants.
This amazing process can turn ocean water into drinking water. Water is forced by pressure through microscopic “holes” or pores in a membrane inside our purification system. These holes are so small that only incredibly pure water can pass through. Toxins, salt, minerals, sediment, etc. are flushed away – automatically. It removes virtually everything from your water!
These holes are so small – they’re 1/5,000,000 of an inch – or 1 to 15 angstrom. How small is that? If you were to take just one square foot of this membrane and blow it up to the size of the Pacific Ocean, one pore would be the size of a dime! About the only thing able to pass through that is delicious water.
However, regular reverse osmosis filters will then leave the water with an acidic pH level because it removes all the minerals, too. pHprescription’s Alkaline pHRO1100 drinking water filter raises the pH and has the capability of restoring the necessary minerals back into the water before it comes out of the faucet. These minerals are crucial for the body to perform at its best.
Stage 2: Kinetic Degradation Fluxion
Kinetic Degradation Fluxion or KDF is patented and proven to remove chloramines, chlorine, bacteria, iron, fungus, algae, hydrogen sulfide, most heavy metals and other contaminates.
Stage 3: Catalytic Carbon
Retains conventional carbon’s ability to absorb contaminants, but it also possesses greatly enhanced capacity to catalyze. This type of carbon is far superior to other carbon filtration methods.
Stage 4: Tourmaline
As a mineral, it has become a focus of research at universities and research centers worldwide. Tourmaline is the only mineral to show permanent electrical activity. NEG ORP (oxidation reduction potential). Negative is good!
Stage 5: Far Infrared (FIR) Rays
This stage is added to make the water molecules smaller to improve absorption, and therefore hydration. It is known to be helpful for improving circulation, relieving stress, increasing mental alertness and strengthening the immune system.
Stage 6: Added Minerals
Reverse osmosis water filtration removes out all the toxins, but removes all the minerals also. It’s not healthy to drink this perfectly clean water without minerals added back to it. PhPrescription adds calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium, but to only 60 ppm total.
Added Molecular Hydrogen
Hydrogen supplementation is becoming more popular. And with good reason. Molecular hydrogen appears to have cell signal-modulating activity affording it the anti-inflammatory, anti-obesity and anti-allergy benefits.
I love that phprescription filters ADD molecular hydrogen after its filtered!
Benefits of hydrogen include:
- Younger looking skin
- Therapeutic benefits For over 170 disease models
- Increases cellular hydration
- Supports mitochondrial ATP (energy) production
- Selective antioxidant. Goes after sick and diseased cells and aids on the production of more protective enzymes
- Heightens physical and mental energy
The short story is that when you drink hydrogen water the tiny hydrogen bubble molecules actively seek out sick and diseased cells – bind to them and flush them out of your body.
Thankfully, this is not marketing hype. The therapeutic benefits of using molecular hydrogen for better health and disease reversal has been documented in over 700 scientific studies covering over 170 disease models.
Molecular hydrogen raises alkaline pH naturally. In nature, water is naturally balanced between 6.5- 9.0 pH (pH stands for potential hydrogen or Power of Hydrogen, which is a measure of how acidic or alkaline something is). Adding hydrogen increases the pH and alkalinity of water, making it healthier.
Your Body Needs Clean Water
You must be drinking clean water that actually hydrates you and energizes your body. This is the foundation of health. It’s the most basic thing we do every day. And you have to get this one right in order to be healthy.
P.S. pHprescription is the system Dr Josh Axe and Dr Joe Mercola have in their homes.
Click here to learn more about phprescription water filter systems and to get one for you and your family.
Have any questions? Leave your comments below about your experience with water filters.