Hello Live to 110™ readers, it’s Monica from Bravo For Paleo again. My readers raved about this salad, and I’m here to share it with you too!
“What’s my favorite way to get my greens?” you ask. This Kale Salad Recipe. If you are confused about how to eat kale, this recipe will be a great start. For a while I never knew how to eat kale. The only use I could find for it was juicing it with a ton of other veggies. Since kale is a superfood, I knew it was a wonderful vegetable to add to my diet, but I didn’t know how.
The key to making this recipe great is the steaming process. Lightly steaming the kale will take out some of the bitter flavor and also make it softer. This salad can also be made with spinach, and the effect will be the same.
This salad will make you ask why you haven’t been eating kale every day! I personally like to make this recipe on Sundays and eat it all week long. It’s a wonderful lunch or great with dinner. Throw some chicken or steak on top to make it a filling meal. Hope you enjoy!
1 bunch of kale
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2-3/4 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1. Separate kale, and remove leaves from stems. Rinse well.
2. Fill a pot with water and place a double boiler on top.
3. Steam the kale for about 1-2 minutes. You want it to be softer than it began, but the texture is really up to you.
4. Place kale in freezer for 5-10 minutes, if you want cold salad. (I prefer cold)
5. Add red onion and almonds and toss salad.
6. Top with dressing.