Cherry Anti-Inflammatory Boost
- ¾ cup frozen organic dark cherries
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (optional, for an extra anti-inflammatory boost)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 scoop of Daily Detox for an extra health boost and to support your detox pathways
If you prefer, feel free to use fresh berries over frozen! But be sure to remove the pits of the cherries before tossing them in your blender. And if you can, go for organic cherries. Non-organic cherries are on the Environmental Work Group’s latest “Dirty Dozen” list of produce with the highest levels of pesticides.
If you are using fresh fruit, I also suggest adding a few ice cubes before blending to thicken and to get your smoothie nice and cold.
For a little of bit of creaminess, you can use almond, coconut, macadamia or hemp milk instead of water.
The dates add a little bit of sweetness. But feel free to omit these – or substitute with a bit of organic or Manuka honey.
- Add liquids first. You’re going to start by adding the water to your high speed blender first. Adding the liquid first helps to make the other ingredients blend much faster.
- Add softer ingredients. Add the dates (or honey), pinch of sea salt, and Daily Detox. If you are using fresh fruit instead of frozen, add it here.
- Frozen ingredients or ice. Add any frozen cherries, banana, blueberries, and ice (if using).
- Cover with lid and blend. Turn your blender on – the best part is, if you have a high powdered blender such as a Vitamix, it whips smoothies together in seconds.