Nothing screams “Fall” like the smell of fresh pumpkin bread wafting from the oven. This lusciously moist, gluten free, grain-free and dairy free Paleo pumpkin bread is made with almond flour.
I want to enjoy pumpkin bread as much as the next person, but without a gluten bomb in my stomach. I don’t know about you, but when I eat gluten, I feel like I ate a brick. Solve that gluten sensitivity problem with a loaf of Paleo pumpkin bread made with high protein almond flour!
Canned pumpkin puree often lends a raw, metallic flavor to pumpkin bread. I prefer using all fresh ingredients and roasting fresh pumpkin. Yes, it doubles the time it takes to make the bread, but it will taste so much better! And you can roast some extra pumpkin and eat it for dinner.
Servings: Makes 1 8×4-inch loaf | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour 30 Minutes
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- pumkin seeds to add to the top for garnish (you can also add them into your batter)
Roast your pumpkin.
- Cut a small pumpkin in half.
- Scoop out the seeds with a metal spoon.
- Lay the pumpkin halves face side down in a large baking dish.
- Cover with ¼ inch water.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes (depending on size) or until tender, using a fork to check.
- Remove from oven and scoop out insides.
In a food processor or by hand, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
Add pumpkin, honey, stevia and eggs and pulse for 2 minutes.
Scoop batter into a mini loaf pan. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top
Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes.
Cool for 1 hour before serving.