See how to boost your immunity in ten easy steps and avoid the top things that endanger your immunity.
Top Ten Immune Boosters
- Fresh animal fats (from meat and dairy) and cholesterol-rich foods (particularly raw or runny egg yolks).
- Cold-pressed oils: olive oil, fish oils, nut, and seed oils.
- Onions and garlic.
- Freshly pressed vegetable and fruit juices.
- Regular consumption of greens: parsley, dill, coriander, kale, spinach, lettuce, etc.
- Probiotic supplementation and Probiotics–The Foundation of Health. . For more information, read my article
- Contact with animals: horses, dogs, etc. Having a pet in the family can do a lot for a child’s immune status.
- Swimming in unpolluted natural waters like lakes, rivers, and the ocean.
- Physical activity in the fresh air.
- Exposure to sunlight and sensible sunbathing.
Top Ten Immunity Damagers
- Sugar and everything containing it: sweets, sodas, ice cream, etc. Your immune system is suppressed for six hours after eating sugar.
- Processed carbohydrates: cakes, cookies, potato chips, snacks, breakfast cereals, white bread, and pasta.
- Chemically altered and artificial fats: margarines, butter replacements, cooking and ALL vegetable oils (except olive), processed foods prepared with these fats.
- Lack of high quality protein in the diet from meats and fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts, and seeds.
- Exposure to man-made chemicals: cleaning and laundry detergents, personal care products (phthalates, parabens, and fragrance), paints, fire retardants (in most mattresses), petrochemicals, pesticides, etc.
- Exposure to man-made radiation: electronic screens (TV, computers, video games, etc.), mobile phones, high power electricity lines, nuclear stations, and nuclear wastes.
- Drugs: antibiotics, steroids, antidepressants, painkillers, anti-cancer medication, anti-viral drugs, etc.
- Lack of fresh air and physical activity.
- Lack of exposure to sunlight.
- Lack of exposure to common microbes in the environment. Living in a sterilized environment is strongly associated with compromised immunity. The immune system needs constant stimulation from the microbes in the environment.