The liver-gall bladder flush is a method to cleanse the liver and help remove gallstones. It can also help remove stones in the liver itself. Flush em with either a deep or quick liver flush! This flush can really help to flush out your liver and give it a boost in detoxing your body.
I’ve included a more intense and deeply cleansing week-long flush and a two day quick flush.
In almost all cases, this procedure can help avoid the need for gallbladder surgery. An even better way to avoid gallbladder and many other surgeries that I find are rarely necessary is a complete Myers Detox protocol to restore the normal activity of the liver and gall bladder.
A liver flush or two may help at the beginning of a Myers Detox protocol or if one is having severe liver or gall bladder problems. I am not aware of complications or damage from this procedure, although occasionally someone remains nauseated for several days or more. There are many variants to the liver-gallbladder flush procedure. Here is the one I trust the most.
Take Malic Acid. Take 1 capsule between meals on an empty stomach and drink with 8 ounces of water. You should take 3 capsules total each day.
- Skip nutritional supplements on this day except for the ones recommended below.
- Drink the juice of 1/2 organic lemon in a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar three times before 2:00 PM.
- Do not have any dairy, oil, fat or meat for breakfast or lunch. Food recommended is rice and steamed vegetables.
- Have lunch by 2:00 PM and do not eat or drink anything the rest of the day. This is extremely important! This enables the bile in your liver to accumulate. This causes pressure that will eliminate more stones in your liver if you have them.
- At 6:00 PM, mix 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts in 24 ounces of filtered or spring water. This will make four 6-ounce servings. Drink one 6-ounce serving of Epsom salts. Wait 30 minutes to drink water. Drink as much water as you like after 6:30 PM.
- At 8:00 PM, drink another 6-ounce serving of Epsom salts. Wait 30 minutes to drink more water. Put the other two servings of Epsom salts away until the next morning.
- At 10:00 PM, mix half a cup of organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil with the juice of a whole fresh red organic grapefruit (pink is okay). Stir and drink quickly.
- Go to bed and lie down on your right side. Don’t do any activities. You need to rest and let the liver detox do it’s magic!
- At 8:00 AM, do a coffee enema and drink one 6-ounce serving of Epsom salts.
- At 4:00PM, do another coffee enema and drink the last 6-ounce serving of Epsom salts.
- You can do the liver flush without doing coffee enemas, but you will be going to the bathroom all day.
If you have discomfort with the liver flush, rub the bottoms and the top of your feet and toes, including the liver areas (between the first and second toes on the top of the foot, all along the crevice between the two toes and back along the top of the foot). There is also a liver area on the right foot behind the third, fourth and fifth toe (pinky), near the ball of the foot. Rub the entire foot, however, and this can relieve the discomfort of most types that might occur.
You can repeat the deep liver flush about every 3-4 months or so, if needed.
This flush can be performed every 4 days as tolerated.
Try to eat low-fat on the day of the liver flush. Starting at 6:00pm, follow the steps below.
6:00pm – stop eating or drinking.
8:00pm – mix and drink the following:
- 8oz – apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Epsom Salt
Mix Epsom Salt in apple juice until fully dissolved. Any kind of apple juice is acceptable. Within 1-2 hrs you should have a good bowel movement.*
10:00pm – mix and drink the following:
- 4 oz – red grapefruit juice or lemon juice
- 4 oz – olive oil
- 4 oz – classic coke**
Drink this delicious 12 oz drink as best you can. You can use caffeine-free coke if desired. If you choose to use grapefruit juice, the juice from one Ruby Red grapefruit will provide just enough juice. It will take multiple lemons to get enough lemon juice.
After drinking the juice, coke, and olive oil mixture, immediately lay down on your right side and bring right leg up near your chest for about 45 minutes. Try to sleep on right side close to fetal position the rest of the night.
Upon waking – repeat the apple juice and Epsom Salt drink to encourage another bowel movement.
Do 1-3 Coffee enemas throughout the day.
*If you do not have a bowel movement within 1-2 hrs of taking the first apple juice and Epsom
Salt drink, continue with the rest of flush instructions. On your next attempt at a flush, stop eating at 4:00pm and drink the apple juice and Epsom Salt drink at 6:00pm and again at 8:00pm and continue with rest of flush as above.
Conversely, if you have a very short transit time, consume less Epsom Salt and drink just enough of it to give you a good bowel movement before drinking the juice, coke, and olive oil mixture.
**The coke may be omitted, but certain ingredients specific to coke are helpful in reducing nausea and softening toxic matter. The benefit of flush will likely outweigh the negative affects of the coke.
Liver and Gallbladder flushes are not a complete substitute for gallbladder surgery. Gallbladder disease can be due to gallstones, but it can also be due to infection or inflammation of the gallbladder. Most gallbladder problems will eventually go away on a nutritional balancing program, even without doing liver-gallbladder flushes, but the procedure may help somewhat. As for gallstones, most people have some. They will come out each time. They are not a serious problem in most cases.
Enhancing the metabolic/oxidation rate with Myers Detox and using the supplements also increases bile flow, and this helps prevent gallstone formation. I rarely recommend gallbladder surgery, as I think it is one of the ridiculous types of surgery. If the gallbladder is not functioning correctly, then it is best to get to the core of the problem, and then it will function fine.
Occasionally there are parasites in this area, there is an acupuncture meridian that goes through this area, and the colon is near this area as well. All of these structures and systems must be fixed and can be fixed easily with a Myers Detox Protocol. Then the gallbladder works just fine and is a good thing to keep in your body if you can, and most people can. So do not rush to surgery if your gallbladder still hurts or has problems after doing a few liver flushes. More work is needed on your body, and that is all it means. The diet must be corrected, with about 70% cooked vegetables, and some animal protein daily, little fruit, no sweets, no wheat and no refined or junk foods, for example.
Liver stones. The liver-gallbladder flush can actually remove stones or calcium deposits that form within the bile ducts of the liver itself. This may seem odd or preposterous, but I am told it is the case and surgeons encounter this in very ill patients when they operate on the liver and bile ducts. This procedure seems to help break them up and remove them, relieving pressure in the liver and helping it to function better.
Love Your Liver To Improve Your Health!
A congested, toxic liver is the #1 problem I see in my practice. Once you heal your liver, it’s phenomenal how much easier it is to heal the rest of your body – whether you have a chronic illness or a life-threatening disease.
True healing can only happen if you love and take care of your liver.
That’s why I highly recommend performing a liver-gall bladder flush!
Have you done a flush before? How did you feel? Share your comments below!