Today more than ever, people are paying extra attention to the state of their immune systems. In the last several years, more information is emerging about the benefits of a healthy diet and physical activity for overall immunity – but there is a missing piece to the puzzle that seems to be going unrecognized…
In your home, car, shopping centers, and office, a silent stream of energy moves through the airwaves – and it could be seriously impacting your immune health. This energy is known as EMFs, and research is showing us that it can directly impact your body on a cellular level.
In this article, we’ll explore:
- What EMFs are, and where they come from
- How EMFs directly impact your biology on a cellular and energetic level
- The various ways that EMFs interfere with your immune cell activity
- Why ignoring the impact of EMFs could have serious life-threatening consequences
- What you can do to protect yourself and your family from EMFs and enhance immune function
What Are EMFs and How Do They Impact Biology?
EMF, which stands for electromagnetic fields, is an invisible fields of energy emitted from electronics, WiFi, satellites, cell phone towers, computers, Smart appliances, and more.
These fields of energy occur naturally in our environment, but modern technology has increased the amount of human-made EMF in our airspace manifold.
The issue is that although EMF is an invisible force of energy, its impact on human cells and tissues is very real and tangible. How can EMF impact human biology?
When you look at the human body, you see a bunch of organs and tissues connected to each other. However, if you zoom in, you’ll find that those tissues and organs are actually made up of cells, and those cells are made up of individual molecules. And those molecules are actually mostly energy.
Furthermore, every human body has a field of energy surrounding it, called the biofield. This means that you’re not only surrounded by a field of energy, but your physical body is really mostly energy itself. Taking it a step further, if you zoom in on the behavior of your cells and how they communicate and interact with each other, you’ll find that there are streams of electrical energy moving throughout your system at all times.
EMFs in the environment represents a foreign field of energy that can interact (and interfere) with your own energy and electrical system.
EMFs and Immunity
While we’re still learning the specifics of how EMF impacts your body and its energy fields, research suggests that one way EMF can influence the physical body is through calcium channel signaling. More specifically, it looks like low-frequency EMF (which is everywhere in the environment these days) can elicit cellular changes by interfering with the way calcium interacts with the cell membrane.
This interference seems to specifically impact the immune system and the function of immune activity.
Other research shows that EMFs can disturb immune function by stimulating various allergic and inflammatory responses in your body. Over time, these disturbances can lead to more chronic issues and potentially disease states.
But what’s happening cellularly that’s driving all of these imbalances? It appears that EMF can either upregulate or downregulate certain immune cells, causing dysfunction throughout the entire system.
How EMFs Impact Your Immune Cells
Studies show that EMFs directly impact the function and regulation of various lines of immune cells. Here is a snapshot of what we know so far.
EMF exposure has been shown to significantly decrease the activity of the following cell lines:
- Immunoglobulin (IgA, IgE, IgM, and IgG)
- Immunoglobulin (also known as antibodies) is found in blood, tissues, and mucus membranes. These specialized cells bind like a lock and key to unwanted invaders and help to eliminate them from your body.
- Lymphocytes are made in your bone marrow and found in your blood and lymph tissue. T lymphocytes help to target and kill cancer cells, while B lymphocytes are involved in the production of antibodies (both are impacted by EMF exposure).
- Eosinophils target areas of inflammation and help to modulate the inflammatory response. They also participate in immediate allergic reactions and have antibacterial and antiparasitic activity.
- Basophils protect your body by responding to intruders like fungi, parasites, and bacteria. They’re also highly involved in your body’s allergic response.
- NK Cells
- NK cells (also known as natural killer cells) target virally infected cells and help to control various types of tumors.
As you can see, these immune cells carry out vital activities that help to protect your body against all manner of harm. When your immune defenses are down, you become more vulnerable to everything from viral infection and inflammation to fungi, parasites, and even tumor growth.
As if that’s not bad enough, on the other side of the coin, EMF exposure has been shown to significantly increase:
- When neutrophils are high, it’s a sign that your body has an infection. These white blood cells are one of the first cell lines to respond to invaders, so you can think of high neutrophils as a red flag that your immunity has been compromised.
- Similar to neutrophils, high monocytes indicate that you are in the midst of an infection.
While the impact of EMFs on immunity is clearly significant, most physicians completely overlook the role that EMFs may have on your health. For the most part, this is because the dangers of EMFs have been downplayed in the media and in the general medical community.
Amazingly, research shows that when the impact of EMFs is mitigated, our immune systems are able to bounce back beautifully. In one study, just two months of EMF protection while sleeping resulted in significant improvements in several cell lines, along with decreased oxidative stress and inflammation. Some people even experienced a reduction in biological age.
How To Mitigate EMFs and Strengthen Your Immune System
As mentioned earlier, having some amount of EMFs in the environment is natural. However, due to modern technology and the current use of electronics and WiFi, we now have an unprecedented amount of EMFs streaming through our airways each day.
I wish it was as simple as avoiding EMFs altogether, but unfortunately, that is no longer an option for people that want to live as a part of society. Truly, you would have to move deep into the woods somewhere far away from civilization if you really wanted to remove yourself from the influence of EMF – and with the number of satellites we have beaming down on us from space, that might not even be enough.
But here’s the good news, there are ways to mitigate the impact of EMF, and they are more accessible than you might think.
First, you can begin to reduce your everyday exposure by making some simple changes at home:
- Unplug your WiFi at night while you sleep
- Turn your phone on airplane mode when you’re not using it or expecting calls
- Avoid Smart devices (TV, refrigerator, Smart meters, etc.) as much as possible, and go for the traditional options instead
- Remove electronics from your bedroom if possible
- Don’t use your computer or cell phone while they’re charging
- Use wired devices when possible
The above measures are an excellent first step for lowering your EMF exposure at home. But what happens when you get out into the real world? This is where some portable EMF mitigation comes in huge.
Personally, my favorite EMF-mitigation device is the Harmoni Pendant. This small necklace can be worn everyday and works to neutralize the impact of EMF – no matter where you are.*
I can’t stress enough that EMF is now everywhere in our environment, especially since the rollout of 5G. If you really want to protect yourself against the detrimental effect of these frequencies, it’s not enough to lower your exposure; you have to go to combat with the EMF that’s everywhere in our environment.
Wearing the Harmoni Pendant means that you’re protected wherever EMFs are present, in other words – everywhere.
- Reduced effects of EMF by an average of 48%
- Lowered biological age by 2 years
- Improved markers of overall health by 138%
- Increased energy reserves and mitochondrial power by 530%
- Improved the ability to handle stress and overall psycho-emotional state by 100%
- Improved the bodies biorhythms by 160%
As you may be aware, EMF not only impacts immunity, but it can worsen all types of physical and emotional imbalances. Wearing the Harmoni Pendant allows me to feel balanced and whole all day and gives me the peace of mind I need that I’m taking care of myself.
Another you can do is focus on nutrients. To help defend your immune system against EMFs, incorporate these 10 foods into your diet:
Fermented Broccoli Sprouts – one of the richest sources of the phytonutrient sulforaphane, which boasts a range of health benefits, including anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, and, of course, antioxidant. Sulforaphane increases your body’s most potent antioxidant, glutathione, which plays a crucial role in regulating oxidative stress and protecting your cells from EMF-induced oxidative stress.
Fermented Turmeric – When EMFs damage your cells via oxidative stress, a common side effect is inflammation. Turmeric inhibits the inflammatory response and activates something called NRF2, which helps protect your cells against oxidative damage. Therefore, turmeric not only helps to mitigate oxidative damage, but also relieves the inflammatory response that typically ensues.
Fermented Immune Mushrooms – Medicinal mushrooms are powerful natural allies for your immune system, with the power to support various types of immune cells, reduce inflammation, and reduce oxidative damage. Beta-glucans in mushrooms seem to have a particularly protective effect against radiation and may protect against EMF-induced DNA damage to human lymphocytes. In cell cultures, cordyceps mushrooms have been shown to alleviate damage and reduce cell death in sperm exposed to EMF. Much like curcumin, cordyceps induce NRF2, enhancing antioxidant defenses. And Reishi mushrooms are known to enhance longevity by protecting DNA from oxidative damage. Reishi extracts also protect the mitochondria themselves, warding off oxidative damage that inhibits their energy-producing abilities. Reishi extracts may even be neuroprotective as they target mitochondrial function in the brain.
Pomegranate – a rich source of protective antioxidants, and may be particularly helpful for the EMF damage that impacts the neurological system. In one study, researchers examined the impact that pomegranate extract would have on changes in brain structure when rats were exposed to EMF from mobile devices. After exposing the animals to different radiation levels, the researchers found that pomegranate had a significant protective effect on the brain tissue, enhancing neurological protection.
Milk Thistle – well known for its liver-protective effects, but it appears that the antioxidants in milk thistle may also work to neutralize free radicals from EMFs. The primary active compound in milk thistle, Silymarin, may specifically target brain cells, which would provide much-needed mitigation against EMF from mobile devices.
Fermented Ginger – Active compounds in ginger may reduce the effects of mitochondrial dysfunction by increasing mitochondrial biogenesis, protecting your cells from the damaging effects of EMFs.
Green Tea – the rich antioxidant content of green tea may be protective against low-frequency electromagnetic fields. In one study, researchers gave a group of high-voltage power line workers green tea polyphenol supplements to assess the impact it could have on oxidative stress. The study found that green tea increased antioxidant protection against oxidative stress and reduced oxidative damage to the worker’s DNA.
Moringa – This nutrient-dense superfood is packed with powerful antioxidants that can mitigate EMF damage. In one study on male fertility, researchers found that moringa was able to reduce oxidative damage, while boosting lost testosterone.
Beetroot – When it comes to mitochondrial health, beets may increase mitochondrial biogenesis while also enhancing activity within the mitochondria, allowing for the production of more energy. Beets may also induce metabolic gene expression.
Chlorella – nutrient-dense chlorella offers a rich source of chlorophyll (a potent phytonutrient), omega-3s, protein, and a host of other vitamins and minerals. Chlorella also may support your body’s natural ability to trap and gently eliminate environmental contaminants in tissues such as the kidneys, brain, and liver.
Prebiotics Inulin & Flax – EMF exposure threatens to throw your gut microbiome out of whack, triggering everything from gut issues to mood imbalances. Inulin and flax have been shown to enhance the growth of beneficial bacteria by feeding your gut microbes and maintaining a healthy balance of beneficial and non-beneficial bacteria.
You can incorporate all of these superfoods into your diet in an easy and tasty drink that takes only 30 seconds to make! Check it out here: Anti-EMF Inner Protection Bundle.*
Ideally, we wouldn’t even have to think about EMF and its impact on our health. Unfortunately, it looks like the levels of electromagnetic frequencies in our environment are only going to keep increasing. While we can fight against the change, we also must accept the reality in front of us.
At this point, we’re only at the tip of the iceberg in understanding how EMFs impact our biology, but what’s clear is that these frequencies have a direct effect on immunity and can interfere with healthy immune cell function.
Protect yourself and your family by making some simple changes at home, as identified in this article. To take it a step further, arm yourself with a Harmoni Pendant so you can help mitigate the negative effects of EMFs, no matter where you are.
*These statements have not been reviewed by the FDA. Neither the Harmoni Pendant nor the Anti-EMF Protection Bundle are intended to diagnose, treat, cure, reverse, or prevent any disease. They are not intended to replace any other treatments, medications, or healing modalities that may be prescribed by your medical doctor.
Click Here for References+
- Cherry, Neil J. “Human intelligence: the brain, an electromagnetic system synchronised by the Schumann resonance signal.” Medical Hypotheses 60.6 (2003): 843-844.
- Walleczek, Jan. “Electromagnetic field effects on cells of the immune system: The role of calcium signaling 1.” The FASEB Journal 6.13 (1992): 3177-3185.
- Johansson, Olle. “Disturbance of the immune system by electromagnetic fields—A potentially underlying cause for cellular damage and tissue repair reduction which could lead to disease and impairment.” Pathophysiology 16.2-3 (2009): 157-177.
- El-Gohary, Ola Ahmed, and Mona Abdel-Azeem Said. “Effect of electromagnetic waves from mobile phone on immune status of male rats: possible protective role of vitamin D.” Canadian journal of physiology and pharmacology 95.2 (2017): 151-156.
- Boscolo, P., et al. “Combined effects of electromagnetic fields on immune and nervous responses.” International journal of immunopathology and pharmacology 20.2_suppl (2007): 59-63.
- Cerro, Díaz-Del, et al. “The use of a bed with an insulating system of electromagnetic fields improves immune function, redox and inflammatory states, and decrease the rate of aging.” Environmental Health 19.1 (2020): 1-13.